Vaping has become a popular alternative to smoking in recent years, but it is important to understand the potential risks and proper usage of e-cigarettes and other vaping devices. Here are some dos and don'ts to consider when it comes to vaping:
- Do choose a reputable brand of e-liquid. Cheap or low-quality e-liquids may contain harmful substances, so it is important to choose a brand that uses high-quality ingredients and undergoes testing.
- Do start with a lower nicotine strength. If you are new to vaping or switching from smoking, it is a good idea to start with a lower nicotine strength and gradually increase it if needed. This can help you avoid experiencing nicotine overdose or other unpleasant effects.
- Do follow the manufacturer's instructions for your vaping device. Different devices have different usage and maintenance requirements, so be sure to read the instructions carefully and follow them to ensure the device is used safely and effectively.
- Do keep your device clean. Over time, e-cigarette tanks and atomisers can accumulate residue, which can affect the flavour and performance of the device. Regular cleaning can help keep your device in good working order.
- Don't modify your device. Some people may be tempted to modify their vaping device to increase its power or performance, but this can be dangerous and may even void the device's warranty. It is best to use the device as intended by the manufacturer.
- Don't use e-cigarettes or other vaping devices to consume substances other than e-liquid. Using these devices to inhale substances like dry herbs, waxes, or oils can be harmful and may even be illegal.
- Don't vape in places where it is not allowed. Many places, such as schools, workplaces, and public transportation, have banned vaping. Be respectful of these rules and only vape in designated areas or where it is permitted.
- Don't leave your device unattended while it is charging, and be mindful of older devices and how you charge them. Some e-cigarette batteries can pose a fire risk if they are not charged properly, so it is important to monitor your device while it is charging and unplug it once it is fully charged. We thoroughly recommend only charging newer devices via the main wall socket - older devices should be charged via a laptop/games console USB socket.
Overall, it is important to be mindful of the potential risks and to use e-cigarettes and other vaping devices responsibly. If you have any concerns or questions about vaping, it is a good idea to speak with a healthcare professional or a vape shop employee who can provide more information and guidance.